Not only are they delicious, beets are also packed full of vitamins and nutrients. Their rich content turns them into a powerfully medicinal food, with various beneficial properties. As early as the Middle Ages, they were used for treatment of digestion and circulatory issues.
|They are rich in anti-oxidants, fungicidal and anti-inflammatory agents. Well known as treatment for the gall bladder and gout and even great for reducing cholesterol levels.The 10 major medical conditions beetroots can help treat are:1. Arthritis – In moderation, beets help prevent arthritis by dissolving deposits that accumulate around the joints, thanks to the high alkaline contents.2. Anemia – The high levels of phosphorous, zinc, iodine, copper, calcium and potassium, combined with fat, vitamins (B1, B2, B6, P and niacin) help keep hemoglobin levels high.
3. Inflammation – Thanks to a moderate amount of choline, beetroot helps maintain your muscles, memory, and cognitive functions, as well as help with insomnia. Choline also helps sustain the structure of the cellular membranes and assists in impulse transmissions. Combine it with its ability to absorb fat, beetroot becomes an effective anti-inflammatory.
4. Heart disease – Rich, in nitric acid, beetroot helps your blood vessels relax remain dilated, which prevents heart diseases caused by insufficient blood flow.
5. Dementia – A recent study performed in the Wake Forest University confirmed that raw beet juice helps oxygenation in the brain. This helps maintain the brain in a healthy capacity, preventing the onset of dementia.
6. High blood pressure – The nitrate in beetroot gets converted into nitric oxide – a key compound in relaxation and widening of blood vessels. This process is highly beneficial to blood flow and circulation.
7. Arteriosclerosis – Nitric oxide’s benefits also help prevent and reduce the risk of arterial diseases like Arteriosclerosis.
8. Diabetes – Alpha-lipoic acid, an antioxidant that lowers glucose levels are abundant in beets. It’s effective in reducing stress-induced changes in diabetics.
9. Anti-carcinogenic – The beetroot’s distinct color comes from phytonutrients. These nutrients combat and help with the prevention of cancer. Research have shown that in some cases, beetroot extract was effective in reducing multi-organ tumors. It is believed to be effective in treating breast, prostate, and pancreatic cancers.
10. Low stamina – Raw beet juice helps the muscles to oxygenate, helping us improve exercise tolerance. A regular intake of raw beetroot will help those with metabolic, respiratory and cardiovascular issues which cannot exert themselves to return to regular exercise in a short period.
|2 Beet juice recipes that aid in weightloss1. Powerful detoxing juice:Ingredients
2. System booster, rich in anti-oxidants and beta-carotene:
This screencast demonstrates beets, a totally flexible system for cleaning and managing your music .